need some used Goodyear EMTs?

I put a pair of them from my C5 up on eBay

with a starting bid of $50 for two of them. To my surprise, no one's interested. These have 4/32" of tread left. Clayton E. Cramer

Reply to
Clayton E. Cramer

starting bid of $50 for two of them. To my surprise, no one's

you mean 1/8th of an inch? sheesh and no one wants 'em ? who'd a thunk it pay the disposal fee or donate then to a nursery school that needs a tire swing and get a big tax deduction

kickstart

Reply to
Kickstart

The rears do wear out much faster than the fronts. It seems it's an aweful waste to replace all four but I bet everyone does end up throwing away two perfectly good front tires like I do. This time I tried just replacing the rears, then the fronts. But that has added the expense and time of an alighnment and the trouble of taking it in every time two wheels are replaced, and IMO it doesn't feel quite right. I'll not do that again. I WOULD be inclined to go with the tire company who would design the rear tires with more tread on the rears, and would be willing to pay a premium for it.

Reply to
Steve Horrillo

Reply to
RicSeyler