price of fuel

gas here, south of Atlanta Georgia has went up by about 50 cent /gal overnight at places. I do not worry about much, but this could get real ugly. it will be months before the refineries in the gulf are back to full production levels. Greg

Reply to
not

Here in ChicagoLand , 87 octane is $3.29....went up 55 cents in a day.

Reply to
dave

It is something to worry about because it effects just about every fashion of our society causing prices to go up over the board.

my2¢

Reply to
'Key

Here in NW Louisiana , 87 octane is $2.69.9 went up 25¢ over night...

Reply to
'Key

Reply to
not

The price was steadily rising before this crises; this will just push it along. Oil companies recorded second quarter profits again. surprise. The price has little to do with anything other than what we can be gouged for.

Reply to
BDragon

Exactly. They use anything for an excuse. How can American refineries being unable to keep up with demand have anything to do with the price per barrel coming from Saudi Arabia before it even gets to the refineries? I remember in the 80's the Exxon Valdez incident- one out of thousands of tankers spilled its load in Alaska and all gas companies jumped on the bandwagon to raise prices because "now there is a shortage." I wonder how many oil co. CEO's are having a hard time paying their bills and putting food on their tables.

Reply to
Jon

Here in Indiana, regular is now going for $3.19 a gallon. Went up 55 cents or so yesterday. A station in a nearby town was at $3.99. The owner explained it saying he had almost run out, and had to pay $3.50 to get what he could. Even the normally conservative local paper editorialized against profiteering today. I don't see prices going under $3.00 anytime soon, if ever. On the bright side, the percentage difference between regular and premium is shrinking. ;-(

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp.

Reply to
CardsFan

And let's not forget who's family dynasty is rooted directly in the profits of American and Middleastern Oil Companies................ not to be a conspirationist or oversimplify the oil market, but common man... sheesh.

BDrag>The price was steadily rising before this crises; this will just push it

Reply to
RicSeyler

Bingo! I hate to even discuss this as some 23 year old MBA will catch on and jack up the differential. (now about 20 cents in Calif.)

Somewhat tongue in cheek, this has made the Corvette the 'economy' car in our stable. Either the Buick or Corvette could beat out the G35X but the Buick ran on 87 octane fuel. The 'vette beats out the Buick by about 10% in overall mileage. That's enough to make it cheaper to drive the 'vette.

PJ

Reply to
PJ

How the hell do people take their country back, anyway? Election fraud makes that an iffy answer, violence is a response but not an answer, and too many people don't own a Corvette. It's a tough one.

Reply to
BDragon

Just got to make sure the JesusLanders get tossed out by voting in numbers... Easy to say, hard to get done it seems. Heck I'm a registered Republican but HAD to vote for weak ass Kerry... The scummy Rove Machine is hard to beat without having some balls to come right back at them with their own tactics... Those Neo-Cons & JesusLanders aren't really Republicans, they have just squatted in the party. To the point that I'm changing my affiliation to Independent!!

And my Nati>How the hell do people take their country back, anyway? Election fraud

Reply to
RicSeyler

As of Saturday night the Chevron and Mobil stations here in NW Las Vegas still had it for $2.89. I'll be surprised if it hasn't gone up. Seems odd to see the east paying more for gas than we are.

Reply to
JG

I just spoke with my brother-in-law who is in SW Florida. The gas station signs are still reading 2.50 something, but there is not a drop a gas to be had. Most of the stations have the pumps bagged and are waiting for delivery. I can only imagine what the signs will read "when" they get gas.

Brian

Reply to
bad65

Here in Northern Illinois, price went up 50 cents per gallon, overnight, after Katrina hit the Coast. 87 octane is now $3.29 .

Reply to
dave

San Diego is lower than the East Coast. Self-serve regular ranged from

2.939 (Costco discount station) to 3.199 (Shell station) with premium still 20 cents higher. If the SUVs slack off on next week's commute and we get some car pooling we might arrest the rise. One local station couldn't post the new prices since their "flip panels" stop at a "two" as the first digit -- they gotta call the sign painter.

PJ

Reply to
PJ

Reply to