Re: Popping Sound from 2000 C5

Matt, though I do not think it applies to Vettes (i.e. disc brakes), the

>last time I hear popping sounds like what you >describe, my brake drums (Chevy Lumina) were oval (not round), so they had >to be machined.

Hi Empty3,

Yes, you are right, my Vette has all disk brakes.

I noticed another detail: the popping sound only occurs when the car begins to move, wether forward or backward. So I start the car, shift into first or reverse, let out the clutch and then hear a popping sound or two and then no more as I continue to drive. I also tried turning off the engine while drivng so I could hear better. As the car coasted to a stop, there was no popping sound, so it is definately only as described above.

Thanks, Matt

Posted with NewzToolz. Free RAR, PAR, and yEnc decoders. Get your free copy at

Matt Trivisonno

RicSeyler