2000 Vette: AC or tensioner

All,

My newest Vette is running great, but I do note the following.

With the car running and AC on, the engine hum is normal; however, as soon as the AC is turned off, I hear a recurring clicking sound ("taka taka tat" something like this intermittently - hey, I'm not a mechanic). My brother thinks it has something to do with the tensioner since the noise appears to come from the area and the tensioner appears brand new. I believe it has to something to do with the AC. Does the AC have a kind of clutch (or similar mechanism) that is not disengaging?

Any suggestions?

Empty3

Reply to
Empty3