Re: Wrecked my '01!

6/10/2006

> > This morning, on the way to work, a 2004 Ford F150 pickup truck veered > across the median, sideswiped the car ahead of me, and hit me head-on.

Hey - something I can give good advice about!

1) Get a school notebook and make notes every day about any aches and pains, and any time you get stressed out thinking about the accident. It's a daily diary. Write in it daily; and show it to nobody but your lawyer. He will decide what to do with it - but it is a great tool for negotiating a settlement as most people forget things over the years. 2) Do not talk to any insurance people - only talk to your lawyer and refer insurance people to your lawyer 3) Don't do any work on your yard outside; even if you feel fine that day. Just avoid it. Insurance companies will spy on you to try and show that you were less hurt and to discredit you to a jury. 4) More medical bills are a good thing - get checked out, and do follow ups. If the memory of what happened comes to mind at all; find a psychiatrist (not a psychologist) and share those thoughts with him. Remember - part of what you get is ratioed to what your medical bills were.

I got that advice from a buddy who is a Federal PA. It is sound advice. I got rear ended at a red light and I followed his procedures and did quite well.

Most important thing - I am glad to hear you are OK. That accident looks downright brutal.

Reply to
Anon

Me too, freak.

Handcast

Oh man that guy is a real piece of work I just did a google of him and all I can say is WOW!

--

Reply to
Tall Runner