Replace Tice pressure sensors 2002 c5

Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm beach = fl ecklers wants 79.00 each any help or alternative

Thank you in advance

Ev

Reply to
<Ev>

Thank you in advance

Ev

Reply to
Dad

Thank you Dad its been a long time since we have spoke about 3 years! I = hope this finds you and yours doing well. I could always count on you = for great advise

Best Regards Evan

2002 Coupe Magnetic Red "Maggie"

$45 will buy them anywhere, get out of the Corvette stores. Try Rockauto = good parts and good service, ACDelco number 25773946, $43.89, Dorman, = same sensor $37.79. Their shipping cost is more than fair as todays = prices go. wrote in message news:537e76d9$0$3603$ snipped-for-privacy@newscene.com... Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm = beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each any help or alternative Thank you in advance Ev

Reply to
<Ev>

Best Regards Evan 2002 Coupe Magnetic Red "Maggie"

$45 will buy them anywhere, get out of the Corvette stores. Try = Rockauto good parts and good service, ACDelco number 25773946, $43.89, = Dorman, same sensor $37.79. Their shipping cost is more than fair as = todays prices go. wrote in message news:537e76d9$0$3603$ snipped-for-privacy@newscene.com... Looking for a good price to replace tire pressure sensors in palm = beach fl ecklers wants 79.00 each any help or alternative Thank you in advance Ev

Reply to
Dad

That's a good price.

Corvette Forum has an article on how to replace the battery in the transponder. Essentially you dig it out, solder in a new one, and fill the hole with epoxy. That will cost you $3 per wheel.

The hard part is that the tire needs to come off and be put back on. I don't have the equipment.

Bob, Charlottesville

Reply to
Blue C5

Tire does not need to be removed from the rim, remove the valve core, break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you invest much time for an old versus new sensor.

Reply to
Dad

Tire does not need to be removed from the rim, remove the valve core, break the bead, attach a lanyard valve stem cable and drop the sensor into the tire, pull it out where you broke the bead and replace with your new sensor, pull it back into place and replace the nut. Even at my advanced age I can do a set of 4 in less than an hour. The reworked sensor only works for some of the model years, check it out before you invest much time for an old versus new sensor.

I concur I have had friends just replace the battery only and got just a couple of years out of it doesn't seem worth it for the effort

Reply to
<Ev>

Hey Dad just ordered 4 from Rock Auto online with shipping 178.62 compared to Chevy or Ecklers 339.16 I just save 160 dollars! Thanks Dad Well Done!!!!

Evan

Reply to
<Ev>

Oh crap, I could have done better, they have 5% discount by using number 2233643020378942 in the "How did you hear about us" slot. Email them and give it a try, they are understanding.

Reply to
Dad

Oh crap, I could have done better, they have 5% discount by using number 2233643020378942 in the "How did you hear about us" slot. Email them and give it a try, they are understanding.

Well, Rock Auto sponsors "Car Talk" and that should be recommendation enough for anybody.

AJM '93 40th Anniversary coupe, 6 sp (both tops)

Reply to
CardsFan