vacuum leak / dramatic hesitration on acceleration / headlight issues

I have an '81 vette and it jsut started hesitating today. Myt headlights go up and down OK, but when I shut the car off with the headlights on, then I turn the lights off, the doors go down. I have few other 81's and an 82 and they do not do that. This issue started today as well the hesitation. The car idles rough, and often stalls. Acceleration is nearly impossible. The fact that the headlights go up and down makes me think there is no vacuum leak, ast least not between the manifold and the lights.

There is a vcacuum lead that comes out of the front of the base of the carb. it is about 16 inches long, and it is just hanging there . I cannot figure out where it goes. There is place that it would seem to go which has 2 possible conections. It is toward the passanger side between the carb and the distributor. I tried both , and neither had any effect. it has a bit of suction, and it increases when RPM's rise.

any ideas?

Reply to
kkfcee