Mini Cooper S Headlight Adjustment

Hi All,
Please can anyone point me in the direction of some article/Offer advice on how to adjust the self leveler on an 03 cooper s with xenon headlights. The
lights auto level far too low in front of the car making it near enough impossible to see anything more than about 30 yards infront of the car on unlit roads. The auto leveller works fine when driving the lights are just too low.
Thanks in advance...
Ross
Ross wrote:

What you think is to low, and what the Authorities think is to low, may be two different things.
Take it to your dealer and ask them to check and adjust as necessary.
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org /

It needs adjusting! It's dangerously low... think unloaded car with headlights set at position 4 (try it, mine is worse, ive compared to 2 seperate brand new cars my beam alignment is way too low). The headlight leveler seems to think the car is fully loaded when its only got me in it!
I refuse to pay the dealer 50 odd quid to correct this when I can find out how to do this myself then take it to my mates garage and correct the problem for free.
With regards to the authorities said above friend is a VOSA MOT Tester he will keep me right at his garage so dont worry! he just doesnt know how to adjust the cars lights being a citroen mechanic :-(
Ross wrote:

RTFM or try in the new mini newsgroup if it still exists.

I,m sure that if your Citroen friend mechanic looked in the vicinity of the headlight adjuster motors, he will find a sealed adjuster, as part of the motor body, ?? being a mechanic and a MOT station, I would assume this is common knowledge ?? or ask your friend to call the dealer, explaining that they are a VOSA, i,m sure they will help Fitzy
The cheap fix is to dump a load of old bricks in the boot, I guess not having a spare wheel will mean you can get more in, thus the back end goes down & the headlights re align them selves, should give you rear wheels more grip too,
Steve.

Steve68s (remove this bit}@btinternet.com>) wrote:

Perhaps the New New MINI will get that as a standard feature?
Taffy

RTFM yourself my friend, and this is the new mini group Fitzy
Ross wrote:

Shirley being an 03 its still covered by warranty ? I've nothing but praise for my local Mini dealer, who even replaced a worn leather seat under warranty for me earlier in the year !
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

You two on first names Brownzie..........who is Shirley ?? ;-) Fitzy
Fitzy. wrote:

Airplane..... Ted Striker: Surely you can't be serious. Rumack: I am serious... and don't call me Shirley.
--
Cheerz - Brownz
http://www.brownz.org/

nice one brownzie, spot on, ;-) Fitzy

I'm amazed someone working in a garage doing MOTs doesn't know how to adjust a headlight - or even where to get the information. I wouldn't like him testing cars incase he doesn't know what else to look for. Is he an actual mechanic or just someone trained to change parts on a citroen - similar to a fast fitting type garage where no real knowledge is required. Most car headlights are standard XENON ones, although some are HID which are better. How much do you weigh? Pay the 50 if you are concerned. Most headlights are rubbish which is why you have the full beam, they are not designed to be searchlights.

I'm amazed someone writing on this topic doesn't know what they're talking about. ;-)
--
*Young at heart -- slightly older in other places

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I'm not; it's Usenet!
Chris
--
Remove prejudice to reply.

Check this out and then quickly go & buy a different/better car:-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyhInklrvgI

would be nice to find out what exploded. battery?

Why? Now stop Trolling and f**k off....
Ross wrote:

What makes you think I posted those messages, my user name & e-mail address have been used several times and I didn't post a thing!
Taffy

I know it wasnt the real Taffy...

Site Timeline