2001 Maxima acceleration hesitation

I have a 2001 Maxima SE automatic and am experiencing the following problem. When I "floor" it to get on a freeway or when I am passing someone, there is about a 2 second hesitation, then the engine zooms to almost redline on the tach and then the car takes off like a rocket. I have had the catalytic converter replaced but the porblem still exists,

Reply to
Tech

If your engine RPM is not consistently connected to wheel speed ("engine zooms almost to redline on the tach and then the car takes off") you have transmission problems.

Dave

Reply to
David Geesaman

I agree. I have a 2000 max with 52K and it was fixed for sliping between 1 and 2 gear. That was 3 years ago. Now it slips between 2 and 3rd. There is a TSG for replacing the trans ECM and some valves in the trans. Thats if it is sliping.

If it is truly hesitating The MAF is most likly the issue. I have been looking around these forums and so many people with these cars end up replacing the MAF after they have replaced some other parts that they suggest do it first.

Hope this helps

-- Message posted using

information at

88vette