Vanity plate help

Hey guys. I'm getting vanity license plates (well, "plate" :o) ) and I need some help making a decision. My choices are limited because 1) it's a Handicapped Parking plate so I'm limited to 6 characters and 2) all of the good ones have been taken. Here's what I came up with: A)68GLAS B)GLAS68 C)68GLSS D)GLSS68 E)None of the above F)All of the above

I have to turn the form in soon, so I'd appreciate your opinions. Remember, vote early and vote often. Thanks.

Reply to
Diode

B) ... or "DIODE"

Reply to
waynec

Reply to
Greg

"68no69"

Reply to
Dad

Reply to
Greg

I like "A" of the options listed.

In Indiana, we're allowed 7 characters with a space. I grabbed "40 YEARS" for the '93.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

:o) You guys are a pisser. Hey, that's it! "pisser"...

Reply to
Diode

Well as long as we're showing how clever we are:

I have "YSTR YR" for my '67 in Oregon. While at the local drive-in a couple summers ago for their classic car night I spotted a '67, '8 or '9 Camaro with, "YSTR DY" - now, them, I had to talk to!

Diode - I'm generally not too keen on the plates that give the model and year - like "68 VET" or some such. I much more appreciate those that are a bit of a clever puzzle that make me think a little.

Tell us a little about your car - or the circumstances in which you bought it. Anything that could be out of the ordinary.

Depending on how sensitive (or brash) you are to your handicap, maybe something on the order of tying the car into your "cure" or medicine. A dear, departed friend had "Elixer" as his plate - he viewed his '64 as the cure-all to whatever ailed him.

"MY WHLCHR" - (granted, it's way too many letters, but you get the idea.)

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

Reply to
Greg

The plate has resulted in confusion. One lady asked if it meant I had to save up money for 40 years to buy it. Another thought I bought it when I was 40 to assuage a mid-life crisis. I usually point them to the "40" badge on the fender and explain 'Vettes were first built in 1953. Oh well. At least I like it. My wife wanted the plate to say "RUBY 93". I won that one.

AJM '93 Ruby coupe, 6 sp

Reply to
CardsFan

Reply to
RicSeyler

My 64 Runs L37 327 ....a regular plate issued by the State .. ..

not quite what it really is (a L76 327) but close enough .. plenty of People go searching for their black books trying to figure out what a L 37 was....

Honestly I am too cheap to put Vanity plates on my cars

BUT

The wife makes & repairs Dolls as a hobby.. for her I spend the extra bucks for a Vanity Plate . ... Hers Read DOLL DR .... on a Van no less... shes happy I get called to dinner....cheap enough for me. ! LOL

Bob G.

64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes
Reply to
Bob G.

Charlie spoke thusly:

Taken :o(

Reply to
Diode

Owen:

I want the "68" on there because the C3 was made for so many years. Non-Corvette people always ask me things like "what is that, an '80, '81?". I want people to know how old it REALLY is. That also takes the focus off of how old I REALLY am :o)

Barking Rats spoke thusly:

Reply to
Diode

SIX T 8

SXTY 8 (could also be interpreted as "sexty 8" which might not be too bad of a thing)

SIXTEE8

Can one have just numbers?

1968

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

Reply to
Bob I

How about: 6T8

Reply to
Ron Stewart

How about GIMP68 or 68GIMP? Except that might be taken as I'm 68 years old, which would be horrible, right Bob? :o)

Barking Rats spoke thusly:

Reply to
Diode

Reply to