Strums fingers....

I'd like to say I'm sat at Malvern posting via my laptop... but I'm not :-(

After some early morning deliberation - should we/shouldn't we (thanks to some bitching I found in "Six stud" at 1am when I finally got to sit and read it but more of that another time) we were set to go in Morph. Seat belts on, hit the starter - fired up first time... ticked over nicely, pushed the choke in and after about 20 seconds she died. Eventually found it to be the earth on the petrol pump but that meant sorting a leak on the sender in the process and pulling out half the interior on one side. Trip around the block and the indicators died, bad earth, sorted that and the alternator packed in... Is it me?Was I really that bad in a previous life? Alternator from Percy is now fitted, trip around the block and dare I say it he seems ok but only after I resigned myself to the fact we weren't going today I decided it best to tidy up some wiring given the alternator was off.

Just got in...dark , wet and miserable BUT I've still got a full tank of Petrol..... and a knackered alternator :-(

I think Morph may be making a protest.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Sorry to hear that you have had all those problems but I do feel a bit better that there's someone else stuck at home!!

Dave

Reply to
Dave R

sorry about that. Thats the sort of thing that made me happy to rip out all my wiring and rewire the truck!

Can you remember what the connectors on the level sender should do and how many you have? My sender appears to have 2 spade terminals on top, one stump which looks like it could have had a terminal on that snapped off and it also has an inch long bit of braided earth coming off it (also not attached to owt yet). Ive run 2 wires to it and have an earth wire ready, anticipating that i might have a level wire and a low fuel wire and also need an earth, but no idea which is which!

Reply to
Tom Woods

Tom Woods uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Vividly!

Yep there are two sets of wires running to the sender. On my sender the pipes from the Eber inlet / outlet face towards the drivers side (so we know we are both looking at it the same) Now the connector nearest the driver has a single wire to it, this comes from the voltage regulator so you should get a voltage which cycles between 10.5 volts and 13.5 or so when running. The second wire fastens to the earth on the sender (i suspect yours has previously snapped off hence your braid replacement)... this connector (on morph at least!) has two wires on it... one feeding the earth and the other hoping off to feed the earth on the fuel pump.

Can't recall the colours other than the earth one being black...as in black not covered in cack like the rest.

My sender was leaking around the nut that goes through it, got some of that leak fix stuff from Halfrauds and it's now sorted, I didn't dare fix the earth till the leak was sorted as there was £80.00 worth of fuel in there so I couldn't afford to blow that away ;-)

Still here... not 100 % happy with the alternator off Percy as the Ignition used to glow alot at low revs, I will try and get another today to replace Morphs broken one and then I'll reconsider tomorrow AM if it's not raining Cats and Dogs like it was last night here.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

Thanks - that should provide me with some hints!

you could pop down to that auto electrical place down longton way and get the bits to rebuild it. prob in stock.

Reply to
Tom Woods

Dave R uttered summat worrerz funny about:

Yep Mrs_D seems well happy too as I've just laid a new floor down in the bathroom.

Alternator on order and should be here mid week... do I risk it on the alternator thats on... H'mmm

I'll check the weather at 6 a.m.

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Fri, 25 Aug 2006 21:05:52 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

we noticed :-(

I thought you might have had gremlins. Why didn't you just bring the disco?

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Austin Shackles uttered summat worrerz funny about:

I'd got tickets from the 101 club... and lets just say there may/may not have been a bit of moaning if we'd have turned up with the Disco given the Caravan alone seems to be unwelcome I'd kind of got the impression that If I'd turned up even with the Disco to offer support I'd have been as welcome (at least on the 101 stand by certain moaners) as a fart in a space suit.... so I thought f*ck it. Besides which due to all this blowing up literally last minute, no one claimed responsibility for the stand so I could not get an official "yea or nay" as to if we could take the caravan, and if not on the stand where it was supposed to go.

As it was Morph made his own protest. We did have the option of going just for Saturday but the weather looked pants here and I wasn't about to risk a wet weekend on the hard shoulder with a goosed alternator (one of many spontaneous fault Morph developed).

Then when It came to Sunday I simply began to question that If I felt as above a) I wouldn't enjoy it b) 180 miles round trip in a 101 in a day is not funny.... I like my hearing c) It's just not worth the expense for 1 day alone (not on LPG yet). We also considered popping down in the Laguna which would have been much cheaper (for the day) but I was suitably pissed off that I couldn't even be arsed to get out of bed early enough to warrant a worthwhile day of it.

That said EVERY event I've taken the caravan too I've left the Show officers under no illusion I was taking a caravan (I still have a copy of the origional form I submitted on the puter as I had to copy and paste a piccy of Morph on to it... be dammed if I was sending a actual photo, the form distinctly says "+ Caravan") yet it transpires that some whingers who DID crash the stand at Eastnor and didn't even have tickets felt a caravan at the back of the stand was not acceptable.

Some members of the Commitee have assured me the comments were not directed at me but as future guidance, however as I'm the only person in my memory to have ever taken a caravan, and having chatted to quite a few peeps about Morph and the fact he'd towed a caravan to the shows and those peeps as club members were likely to have read the comments I'd been made to look a royal berk regardless.

So I was a little hacked off to say the least, not withstanding that nobody had the courtousy (sp? - mild dyslexia & fecked spell checker) either at the shows I attended or prior to an article in the club magazine to even mention the Caravan being an issue, I read it the night before (1a.m.) the show. Whats worse is I'd cut short my holiday to come back to fix Morph to attend the frigging show. Dedication a little misdirected I think on this occasion, though never again, my leave is too valuable to fritter away like that.

In summary I was angry (can you tell ? - I've replaced quite a few expeletives) and Morph was broken regardless, not much I could do eitherway.

Sorry but you did ask ;-), I was and still feel somewhat cheated, as did the Kids & Mrs D wasn't best impressed.

Still enough of my bitch'in how was it?

Lee D

Reply to
Lee_D

On or around Tue, 29 Aug 2006 01:33:38 +0100, "Lee_D" enlightened us thusly:

Frankly, the 101FCC&R stand at this latest show was a non-starter and a waste of however many passes they handed out. One chap turned up with a camper-converted ambi (which looked more or less standard outside, admittedly - but it has a different back end (if it's not in fact an ambi but something else then I apologise); having found zero other 101s on Saturday morning he sloped off to join the ex-military crowd. The only other chap who used the space was Dave French who arrived Saturday night and parked up on it on Sunday, with the 6x6, which presumably has the rivet-counters dancing with apoplexy, after all, it represents a scrapped

101, since it's made from the pieces of 2...

Granted, Martyn would have come with Grumble had he been able, and you would have come with Morph had he not thrown a hissy fit. But of ""proper"" 101s, ""as they left the factory"", nary a sign. There was a Vampire on the ex-mil stand, I think, and probably a GS or two, and matey with his ambi-camper.

So, for my money, I'd tow your van with morph and tell 'em to FRO if they whinge, and if anyone comes and starts carping, suggest that maybe they get off their arses and bring some ""proper"" 101s to display next time, if they're so bothered, otherwise, STFU. And you can quote me above re the waste of tickets: the show organisers allocated a nice big space for the club stand which was substantially empty all through the show and the 2 blokes who did manage to get there had nonstandard vehicles. When Martyn and whassisname with Tigger and the rest of "our" crowd turn up, at least there's someone there and some decent presence, and it beats hell out of

100+ square metres of empty grass; and in my observation (perhaps I go to the "wrong" shows?) by far the most obvious presence is the vehicles which people have modified to their own needs and as such are not "standard".

If the rivet counters are that bothered, then they should make an effort to get to the bloody show. If you'd managed to get there with yours and the caravan, you'd have been the only representative on the stand throughout the show.

says it all, AFAI'mC mate, at least you made the effort, even if it didn't come off.

courtesy... :-)

I bet you find the loudest whingers don't even own a 101, or if they do, it's a half-restored non-runner and has been for the last 5 years.

by the previous events? don't blame you.

good. see other post, in the Malvern thread.

Reply to
Austin Shackles