WHATS YOU BEST MOD!

So whats your BEST modification you feel has enhanced your vette for the money you spent! Help us all out!!Thanks!!!!!

Reply to
Tim & Cindy McDonald

Bob I

Factory-style side exhausts for my '67 - man I just love to roll the windows down and listen to that all-American music.

...Oh yeah, radial tires too.

Here's waving to ya - \||||

Owen ___

'67BB & '72BB

-- not affiliated with JLA forum in any way -- alt.autos.corvette is original posting -- ___

Barking Rats

Replacing my underpowered L82 in my 74 coupe with a built ZZ4 and chrome hooker headers with sidepipes.

Reply to
MES

Reply to
RicSeyler

Reply to
Greg

Going from stock to : Edelbrock Oval Port Alum Heads, with Edelbrock Dual Plane Air Gap Intake , with SpeedDemon 750 double pumper carb., big roller cam , and 'X' crossover exhaust pipe.... Has to be close to an additional 140 h.p gain.

Reply to
Dave in Lake Villa

Thanks for the reminder Bob! Gotta get them ordered, getting close to painting my 84. Marty

Reply to
Marty

Mechanically, swapping the 4+3 on my 86 for the Richmond 6-speed tranny. Check it out:

Cosmetically, it's a toss up between paint:

and interior.

Reply to
larrybud2002

Reply to
RicSeyler

For my C4-coupe the best bang for the buck was adding the frame crossbrace--pulled from a ragtop for $ 175 at a local junkyard. Then took the car to respected dealer and had the targa roof re-shimmed and fitted at $125 parts and labor. Improvement in handling, big reduction in "squeeking" sounds. I think that if the C4 gets a regular workout, the roof should be refitted every few years.

Paul H.

Reply to
Paul H.

Reply to
Bob I

On what year/model/engine? TF

Reply to
TF

Rear wing...

Jon

The wing looks good, Jon.

Reply to
BDragon

Dual cup holder for the C5 and Corsa Indy for sound

Reply to
aRKay

=============== You know I never had thought about cup holders...

But honestly, as a coffee-olic I have to agree...

The sharks have plenty of aftermarket coffee cup holders... But I had to make one out of Walnut and Curly Maple to fit my 64 ...and I had to be real creative making one out of Cherry that is Off Set slightly to the right for my 6 speed 95.....now I can at least shift gears... OEM cup holders were are a complete waste ..except as a mounting point for a workable cup holder...

Bob Griffiths

64 72 76 79 & 95 Corvettes
Reply to
Bob G.

Has to be the steering lock bypass on my 2000 6-speed. Seems with the recall Chevrolet just reprogrammed the computer so the car wont run if the steering is locked. (In other words they did not fix a darn thing with the lock motor sticking they just covered there own A. . for liability reasons) Now I am not bitter but they should have added the bypass for the manuals like they did for the automatics. Mike:-)

Reply to
tater

$12.99 nowadays!

Reply to
Marty

That is a necessity- cheap and simple too. I installed it the first month I had my car along with the device that eliminates the 1st to 4th skip shift. (CAGS)

Reply to
Jon