1999 Dodge Grand Caravan rattle from engine

My 99 Grand Caravan has developed a rattling noise that appears to be coming from the engine's crankshaft area. It was thought to be emitting from the air condition compressor, but after that was replaced, the noise was still there. I also had the trans axle diagnostic and the technician couldn't any faults. The car performance at time is a little sluggish. I need help in finding what really needs to be repair or replaced. Also, the vehicle has over 126,000 and it doesn't smoke.

Thanks

Reply to
hmh

Serpentine belt tensioner?