2000 Dodge Grand Caravan battery???

Greetings and happy holidays. I have a 2000 Grand Caravan. I am having fits in that the battery light comes on and the car dies. I have replaced the battery twice and also have a new altenator Which has been tested as well and is fine. Does anyone else have any idea as to what I should be looking for? I don't have a problem taking it to a mech, but I would don't want to be bent over by them as well.. Thanks Darrell Crone

Reply to
Darrell Crone

Check to make sure your belt is tight and not slipping on the pulleys. And make sure you test the alternator to make sure it is ok. Just because it's new does not mean it works. Also check to make sure the battery cables are clean and free of corrosion and dirt were they meet the battery posts. And then make sure the battery clamps are tight on the posts.

Reply to
harts

Thank for the response, I had the alternator checked today while running at a shop. was ok..The battery is brand new, the clamps are clean etc.. I don't know what the heck is going on. I can imagine the repair bill on this thing.. Any more ideas? thanks Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Crone

You may have a short that is draining down the battery. Turn off every thing, remove the + battery connection, but an amp meter between the post and connector not the reading. Anything over 500 milliamps is a short. Pull your fuses 1x1 until the amp meter drops, your short is in that circuit.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty