2002 Grand Caravan, intermittent electrical problem

Intermittenly, all electrical accessories cut out simultaneously: blowers, radio, wipers, windows. Usually just for a moment but sometimes longer. Though the blower motors shut off, the power light for the climate control remains illuminated.

Dashboard and other instrumentation (temperature/compass) are unaffected.

Van has about 68K miles.

Reply to
Allan Streib

Sorry for the off topic reply but WOW there has been a lot of Dodge Van problems posted lately.

Auto Forums

Reply to
xblazinlv

The implicit question is: what is the likely cause of this problem?

Allan

Reply to
Allan Streib

Allan, Not sure if this will help or not, but I had sorta the same problem with my 2000 Grand Caravan. We had electrical problems with the rear winshield wiper as well as the climate control up front, but it also the Cluster Controls (I.e the Speedometer, Gas Gauge, but the Tach worked). We were blowing fuses I forget which one, but the fuse box under the dash right by the Emergency break. You might want to pull them and take a gander, If not you are having the same problem as I am, and have a Ground fault somewhere on that circuit. Pain in the Arse to find, time consuming etc. The only difference is that you still have control of your Instruments which I do not. Not sure if they have changed the circuit since 2000.

Best I can do to help, hopefully this helps. V/R Darrell

Reply to
Darrell Crone

Hi I just came across this posting after googling my similar problem...welcome to the club I guess. I have found another site that tells you how to deal with a voltage problem in the wireharness. I will try finding it again, but dont give up. It's happening to my GC and knew immediately is was due to Chrysler electrical crud. They never learn from mistakes and pay no attention to basic electrical principles..that and use crap quality components.

Good luck

Allan Streib wrote:

Reply to
Jackass

FOund it!! Check this solution for yourself

luck

Reply to
Jackass