electrical problem 2000 Dodge Grand Caravan, V6, 128K miles

Car starts OK , engine runs normally and it is drivable.

Dash lights that stay on include Brake, Air Bag and ABS.

What does NOT work: radio & clock, L/R blinkers, air/heater/blower, electric windows, front wipers and window wash

Other electrical stuff such as emergency flashers, rear wipers, tachometer, speedometer, compass (at top of windshield), cab lights, brake and head lights work properly when the above do not work.

These symptoms are intermittent. Some days everything is normal.

Need someone smart to help guide me thru this conundrum please.

tia

bob

Reply to
Bob

tachometer,

Ok double post!! This one has the year of the vehicle. You mention nothing about checking the fuses under the hood in the PDC. Have you checked these? Assuming they are ok, you may have to have someone with a wire schematic diagnose this for you.

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

I had a 1999 with a similar problem. Chrysler claimed it was the dash computer and replaced it under warrantee. That didnt fix it. Then they decided it was the ignition wire set that was placed too close in proximity to temp sensor wiring. That didnt fix it. Finally, the dealership called Chrysler 5-star and the engineers were stymied. No help... Total of 5 trips to the dealership =^(

Try disconnecting the battery - waiting 30 sec - and reconnect. If the problem is resolved, you had/have same problem that I have learned to live with. I installed a battery switch so I can reset the dash computer whenever it happens without tools.

Phil

Reply to
PDO