98’ stratus

My stratus seems to be miss firing. You get up to about 45 and then let up and then gun the gas, then it starts chugging. I seemed to have the same problem about 2 years ago and then got a tune up and that fixed it, but that was only two years ago. Anybody have any ideas on what to do?

Reply to
cusemets

How many miles have you put on since the last tuneup?

Could be a clogged fuel filter, fuel pump going out, bad fuel pressure regulator, coilpack, bad plug wire, or any number of things.

What engine is in the car and how many miles are on it? Is the check engine light flashing when it is chugging?

Reply to
dotsdave