Changing Brake Pads

I need to change the brake pads on my Caravan- the front. Can anyone send me a picture of the brake pad area from their owners manual?

Reply to
katballew

Owner's manual won't have that information. Go to an auto parts store and buy a Chilton or Haynes manual that covers your year Caravan.

Reply to
Gene Poon

Work on one side at a time but have both wheels off so you can look at a fully assembled side as a reference. Changing the pads isn't too hard if done it on other cars before.

-- I am using the free version of SPAMfighter for private users. It has removed 87 spam emails to date. Paying users do not have this message in their emails. Try

for free now!

Reply to
Yoboslayer

you'll need to press the pistons back in to make room for the new pads as they will be thicker. lots of guys use a c clamp and go real slow, pressing them back in will force the brake fluid back into the master cyl.

Reply to
rob

On ABS systems, it's a good idea to open the bleeder at the caliper before forcing the pistons back.

Because the caliper is the low point in the system, that's where the moisture and crud accumulates.

mike gray

yeah there's more good info

Reply to
rob