Toyota Corolla Front Brake Pads Replacement Guide With Pictures

A friend and I just replaced the worn out front brake pads on my 2005 Toyota Corolla S. I took pictures of the process and created a quick guide. The steps should be the same on any ninth generation (2003-2008) Corolla.

Here's the guide -

Total cost of the procedure was just $32 for the ceramic brake pads from Advance Auto. (I had a 20% off coupon code for the website, which is "P20".)

I hope someone finds it to be useful.

Cheers, Paul Michaels Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Reply to
Paul Michaels

Not bad, although there are a couple of important steps that were skipped in the narrative, and I am not a fan of aftermarket ceramic pads because they can cause more rapid rotor wear.

You should measure rotor thickness, preferably with a vernier caliper or micrometer to determine whether the rotor's thickness is within spec. A rotor that is too thin can warp and/or have a diminished ability to dissipate heat.

Another step that was missed was cleaning and applying appropriate grease to the caliper slides bolts. By not removing the upper bolt, it doesn't get inspected so it is important to remove, inspect, clean, and re-grease both bolts.

Reply to
Ray O