Changing the Coolant on 2002 Caravan

Hello All,

Want to change the collant in my van, with 3.3l engine. Any special things to look out for in the way of special tools or techniques to avoid air pockets?

Thanks in advance,

Mitch

Reply to
aquaman8

Nah. Just make sure that you drain it from the bottom of the rad and I would even remove the bottom rad hose to ensure you get the most out of the engine that you can. Be sure to replace it with the proper Dodge antifreeze( the coolant will be orange). Also, go with 60% coolant and

40% water. Once you have topped the rad with new anti freeze, run it until it's hot by taking it for a little run then top it up.

Steve

Reply to
steve

orange?

Is that new with 2002?

I had my '98 Dodge van serviced at the dealership and they didn't use orange coolant.

Reply to
Ether Jones

A couple of pages to check out

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

Yes it is made for the newer models since they have teflon in the water pumps. It is less harsh than the original green stuff we're used to.

Steve

Reply to
steve