HOW FAST WAS I GOING??

I've got a 96' neon 2.0 SOHC automatic tran. The speedometer is elec. it will work sometimes if you hit a bump or hit the dash. took apart I.P. and didn't find a short or anything that looked bad. also has a good signal from sensor. Anybody GOT ANY CLUES OR SUGGUESTIONS????

Reply to
JabberJaw36

Yup take apart the dash again and this time go further and disassemble it to see the circuit board, you will probably find a resistor is loose, try to solder it back on or get a new circuit board

Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Type "Neon Intermittent Speedometer" into your favorite search engine and read, read, read.

Reply to
Erroneous Maximus

you have several cold solder joints on the main board for the cluster. I've been down that path on 2 different Neons - 1996 and last weekend on my daughter's 2000. Both times I had to touch up all the solder joints where the cluster plugs into the dash. Pull out the cluster, get a very thick magnifying glass (one that will show you the cracks around the base of all the connector pins), identify any of them with cracked solder, and touch them again with solder and a hot iron. Remove the main board from the cluster if necessary and touch solder where applicable. I touched them all on the mating connector. When I plugged it back into the dash and reassembled everything it came to life without issue.

good luck.

Reply to
Abby Normal

I thought three rights made a triangle ?

Reply to
JabberJaw36

Would you be happy if I changed it to "sort of a circle"? Will you please enter "how do I get a sense of whimsy" into your favorite search engine, and get a sense of humor while you are at it (ass hole implied).

Reply to
Erroneous Maximus

You are right I am an A-hole(implied),but I thought was a site for people with problems could get answers with thier vehicles not for jerkoffs tring to teach fool-osophy 101(nothing implied).

Reply to
JabberJaw36

so, did you get it fixed or not?

Reply to
Abby Normal

Yes I did but wasn't a bad board or VSS or the diodes & resisters. I looked real hard at symptoms and realized that the connection between I.P and main conectors had contact grease and once the car got old and it got hot the grease was gone. so I twisted the pins on the back of I.P just slightly and put it back in. It hasn't went out for about two weeks now where before it was not working. Thanks for all who gave me suggestion.

Reply to
JabberJaw36

good one. I hadn't thought of that.

Reply to