malfunction light indicator

:?: the malfunction light indicator came on Yesterday. I am planning a trip Friday. Should I be concerned?

Reply to
OLEMEL

naiad just keep going

Reply to
maxpower

Most errors are emissions related and generally do not cause any harm. Just won't pass emissions tests if you have them in your area. There are exceptions so its always wise to find out the cause. If the light is flashing then it needs to be looked at quickly. Stop by any AutoZone store and they will read the code for you. Post the code here and I'm sure someone can help.

You didn't state what vehicle or engine you have. On most Dodges after

2000 or so you can read the code yourself on the odometer. Turn the key off-on-off-on-off-on quickly (do not start). The odometer display should show the code.
Reply to
miles

Reply to
Les Benn