new brake line leak 95 Neon

Replace both brake lines to the rear brakes on the 95 Neon . It is stupid that 1 side uses 3/16" fitting and the other side uses 1/4" fitting into the master cylinder but !!!!! There is a very sight leak at the master cylinder fitting for the 1/4" fitting that I just can't stop. The connection that I used was a manufactured line with the ends already installed so it not a tube flare problem that I created. I don't want to keep tightening, and maybe over tighten the connection into the master cylinder. Any ideas ????

Reply to
Len Rominger

Not stupid at all. The different sized fittings prevent the unskilled/unknowing from connecting the master cylinder backwards.

You either have mixed SAE size with metric (ABS versus non ABS) or it isn't tight enough. What torque did you tighten it to?

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Was there supposed to be a crush washer on that screw-in fitting?... (I'm assuming that you made sure both parts were scrupulously clean before attaching...)

Reply to
Ron Seiden

Chinese replacement lines?

** Posted from