plugged air condtioner?

I have a 94 Dodge Shadow ES 3 liter. The air conditioner blows hot air. The compressor works and there is freon in the lines. Local Dodge tech said it was probably plugged and would cost minimun of $200. Can the air conditioner actully become plugged? If so can I fix it myself?

Reply to
teko

If the metering tube was clogged you would get a high reading on both the low side and high side of the ac unit.and it would cost more than $200.00 I would get some one else who knows what they are doing. Coasty

Reply to
Coasty

I'd also say that you wouldn't get "hot" air, unless your temperature control door was stuck in the "hot position"... Can you vary the temp with the control? If not then that's your problem...

Reply to
FeMaster