Re: 66 6f hcs has a brilliant idea

hey there, i have a kill switch in my car.. it's not so bad. mounted right

>on the dash with the label "foglights". this switch, when flipped, provides >power not to my foglights-- which i wired into the headlight switch... >instead it redirects my 12V starter relay to the rear defroster switch, >which, when pressed in conjunction with my 'foglights' switched on and the >ignition key to the 'start' position, engages the starter motor. two >switches, innocent, right there on the dash. my car has been broken into >twice and not stolen, since the first thefting... though both times they >tried to start it with the column busted open and a screwdriver jammed in >there, with no luck. > >

A combination of 2 or more switches - like a combination lock, is definitely better than one - but should be thought of as a SECONDARY line of defence. Make the car appear dangerous to tamper with (alarm etc) and most joy-riders will give it a wide berth. Then make it appear difficult to steal. A "club" or "denver boot" does a good job here.The blinkenlights help too.

THEN make it difficult to start - by whatever means you can devise. Many of the remote starter/keyless entry units have an auxilliary output - sometimes labelled for the trunk release- that can be used as one element of the starter dissabler (press the trunk release when turning the key to start position).

Some also have a starter disable relay that opens the starter circuit when the doors have not been unlocked with the remote. Picking the lock doesn't get them anywhere.

Anything "Donald Duck's cousins" come up with will be "mickey mouse".

> On Tue, 14 Jun 2005 10:42:45 -0400, Dodge-Him >>
Reply to
nospam.clare.nce