remanufactured 2.7 ???

My 2.7 is gone everyone is saying is not worth rebuilding? Most of the responses I have gotten have told me to replace it with a 3.2. I recently found out I could get a remanufactured 2.7 for just as much money as it would cost me to buy a 3.2 and the conversion kit. I found a site that said they fixed the problems with the 2.7 in 2001. Anyways I was wondering if there had been many problems with the new 2.7 motor? Thanks for any advice.

Reply to
staceanne

Probably too soon to know if it's "fixed" or not.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

======================================

Just to be on the safe side, on ANY 2.7L, I'd observe the SEVERE SERVICE interval for oil and filter changes, and use full synthetic oil only.

Reply to
Gene Poon

What is of question is the fact that Chrysler is offering free oil changes on the new Chrysler 300 with the 2.7 engine since that is the base for that car. If notice Chrysler is not offering the 2.7 in the new Charger, its the 3.5 or the Hemi. Personally if it was me and my

2001 Trep died with its 2.7 I would opt for the 3.2. To much money to spend on an unknown. What is also interesting is that there were no commercially available rebuilding parts for the 2.7 except from Chrylser at an extremely high price.

Bill

1994 Intrepid - Customized 2001 Intrepid
Reply to
midnightbluert

Yep, I would agree with that.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

The 2004 Sebring I have with the 2.7 came with 5-years worth of free oil changes as well. My guess is they're doing that to help assure the engine lasts to the 70K mile warranty period. I've been "upgrading" to full synthetic. With the "free" coupon, the synthetic oil change cost is about the same $$$ as a regular oil change cost.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

every 2.7 I've looked at from years ago had lots of sludge on the top end and they were all serviced well, so I assume they are trying to catch any problems with the new version.

Reply to
rob

The only thing I am going to say about that is, the after market is free to produce and sell anything they want. It's all about supply and demand. If there is a demand they will have a supply. The only thing they cannot reproduce is trademark and logo stuff. everything else becomes public.

Reply to
GUNNER

Not true.. find me a rebuilt pump or hydraulic ABS assembly that has been rebuilt, fits 91 to 93 Mini vans And if im not mistaken there is a certain time limit that they have to wait untill they can sell the rebuilt parts

It's all about supply and

Reply to
maxpower

A.) There is no time limit. So you are mistaken. All they need is a core to get started. B.) How many of those pumps do you want? No problem getting them.

Reply to
GUNNER

Reply to
maxpower

I got two pump and motor assys on the shelf and 18 more can be here in a few days. If you want them, I aint running a museum. They're yours. I will sell you all you want. Keep in mind that there will be a core charge over the price of the pump and motors. e-mail if your interested.

Reply to
GUNNER

Whats trhe price for the pump and complete assembly

Reply to
maxpower

The pump and motor are $217.00 with a $75.00 core they hyd assy are $473.20 with a $450.00 core (they want those back) It'll take a few days but it can be done. The only thing stopping anyone right now is money.

Reply to
GUNNER

Reply to
maxpower