needed 2.7 dodge intrepid engine

hi everyone i was woundering if anyone out there has a 2.7 engine for my 1998 dodge intrepid it can be in the year range from 1998-2003 engines if u have one or know where i might be able to get one for a reasonable price please let me know thank u for ur time thanx Josh

Reply to
JoshnNatalie04

I am also looking for a 2.7 engine for my intrepid. It?s a 2000 and only has 46,000miles on it. I was told by the dealership that they can get me one for $6,200 and that is a remanufactured one. I just found a website that i haven?t yet checked with but they claim they can get any engine...their number is 1-800-865-0449...the name of the site is able engines...hope this helps....i was also told by the mechanic that is woorking on my car that chrysler has a problem with these engines and is pretty much ignoring...he also said it is the most stolen car in Detroit right now and the only thing missing when they are recovered is the 2.7 engine...really made me feel good...lol...good luck in your search!

Reply to
drgnflys
7 year/70k mile warranty???

Contact author (regis. req'd):

Art

My mom and dad just picked up an '04 Sebring with the 2.7L. Baked into the deal was a coupon book for free oil changes -- it looks like there's enough there for the life of the warranty at least, maybe beyond. It would seem that Chrysler wants to make it *entirely* your fault if the 2.7L isn't properly maintained. I guess they're tired of being burned by warranty claims due to poor maintenance.

--Geoff

Reply to
Geoff

I got those coupons with my 04 Sebring 2.7 also. I add about $23 and upgrade to synthetic...even less likely to form sludge, I figure.

Reply to
James C. Reeves

Reply to
mic canic

Who is "they", and where is this information found?

also, please use proper sentence capitalization and punctuation it helps reading a whole lot easier on everybody else - if you see what I mean.

Bill Putney

Any data to back up this claim? Which oils are supposed to be less prone to sludge and which are more prone?

Matt

Reply to
Matt Whiting

Reply to
mic canic

Not asking for anything near perfection - just some barely acceptable minimum standards so people don't have to struggle to read. Stopping for stop signs wastes time to, but it's necessary. Do what you want - no skin off my teeth.

Bill Putney