TCM?

I had written on here before about my van dying and not knowing why. I eventually went through every troubleshooting step in the Haynes manual, and had a mobile mechanice come out and check out the van. Was told by the machanis that my PCM was bad, thus the search for a PCM began. Finally had to send my PCM to a company to be 'rebuilt'. When I got it back was told the ignition circuit was rebuilt. Plugged in the PCM and my van started! Yeah! Within 24 hours check engine light came and I hooked up an OBD tool. Tool came back with two codes- first one (P0600) said there is an internal communication problem with the PCM, and the second (P1698) said that there is no communication from the TCM. My question is this- where exactly is the TCM? Is it in or a part of the transmission, or is it a component in the PCM? I just had the transmission rebuilt in June of this year if that helps any. TIA!

Reply to
My4Heathens

***You do not indicate what year or vehicle or this is? However this info would apply to most Dodge (P0600) Indicates PCM internal Fault ...I would question how good a rebuild you received or Did you disconnect the battery ground before you connected the PCM? You may have damaged the unit

(P1698) Not reading the Transmission Control Module Check the following located in the(PDC) Power Distribution Center (under the hood)

1.) 20amp fuse (slot 14) 2.) 3amp PTC (slot 10) 3.) 40 amp fuse (slot 5) 4.) 10 amp fuse (slot2) Or the PCM or wiring is faulty.--J
Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

Damn crystal ball never works when you need them to. what year is this van? Glenn Beasley Chrysler Tech

Reply to
maxpower

Stop the suspense... My Tarrot reader moved out of the country ;-) What year vehicle is this?

Reply to
Wrench007 via CarKB.com

I posted a reply earlier today, and for some reason it has yet to show up. :-( The van is a 1996 Grand Caravan. Just FYI I had hooked up the battery after I had comnpletely installed the PCM, and I had checked the fuses and relays prior to sending in the PCM for rebuild. I will recheck them tomorrow since I was unable to check them today. TIA!

Reply to
My4Heathens