1987 dodge ram 318 leaking a lot of coolant?

Ok my dodge ram leaks about a full radiator full of water in about 200 miles. I dont drive the truck much but anyways. The leak is from the rear of the motor. With the engine running and me on the ground drivers side, I see it coming from the very rear up high about the middle of the motor (valve cover area). Any place in general I should be looking? I know these things are prone to freeze plug leaks in the bell shousing , but if I see the water there I know its not a freeze plug. Intake manifold coolant cooled? I really dont know a lot about dodge's in general, hell I have never stripped a piston engine. i have done a TON of rotaries, but no piston motors. Although Im well versed around the outside of motors tho. Anyways, and ideas? Anyone have something similar to share?

Reply to
mikep28

Starting in 1985 Dodge small blocks got water cooled intake manifolds to fight the infamous exhaust crossover blockage. I'm surprised a guy with little knowledge of Dodge engines knows about that.

My '93 360 Ramcharger developed a similar leak that turned out to be a leaking head gasket.

I really dont know a lot about

Reply to
BigIronRam

Yeah Im gonna have to dig in to it here soon. I need a truck and not one thats costing me a fortune in collant.

Reply to
mikep28

have you checked the freeze plugs?

Ted