2003 Ram 1500 Pickup Brakes Don't Release?

I'll describe this symptom as best I can:

When moving at 10 MPH or less, and turning to the left (either slightly to the left or sharply to the left), particularly when pulling away from a stop and turning to the left, I get a "shuddering" vibration that can be felt through the steering column, brake pedal, and floor. The sound and vibration is also heard and felt by passengers. And it's far more likely to start shuddering if I "ride" the brakes lightly while slowly turning left.

I'm at a loss to describe the sound and frequency. It's almost as if the front calipers aren't releasing well, sort of snagging and dragging. But I can't imagine why turning left would affect this.

This occurs ONLY when turning to the left. I've tried but cannot make it happen straight ahead or turning right.

This truck is under warranty, and I am already planning to take it in for another brake problem (grabbing/shimmying when braking, particularly from 45 mph or higher).

Question - is the low-speed-when-turning-left shudder a known problem that is related to the high-speed braking shimmy? If so, rather than confuse the service writer with multiple complaints, I may just let them correct the shimmy (I understand this is a TSB which involves turning rotors and replacing calipers) and wait to see if the other problem goes away.

thanks,

Martin

Reply to
Martin

Lorne

No, it is a 2WD, standard cab, with automatic and hemi V8. About

30,000 miles.

Martin

Reply to
Martin