94 dodge- torque convertor lockup problem?

Have an old 94 Dodge 1 ton van - great vehicle descending into the abyss of beaterdom. On a recent trip on the highway had an interruption of power - seemed like ignition, but very quick-felt almos mechanical- checked all fluids - found the tranny fluid just a bit low, added fluid and problem went away for 200 miles. Its a 318 with auto overdrive. Later it came back - added fluid and it was OK but came back - now its there even though fluid is full. Wonder about torque conv. lockup being intermittent - I dont think its the overdrive kicking in and out. Any ideas on this would be appreciated. Also wonder if I can disconnect lockup to eliminate problem , or if this would be wise. thanx, bob

Reply to
ignatz

found 2 elec. connectors on left side of tranny- a 2 con, and a 4 conn. Is the 2 wire one the torque convertor one? dont want to disconnect and try the wrong one. My manuals do not show this. Any help is appreciated. thanx, bob

Reply to
ignatz