98 Dodge Ram w/code 0720

I have a 98 1500 1/2 ton 2wd with the 5.9L 360ci My check engine light came on last week and I pulled up code 0720. According to my manual and the code reader it is a "output speed sensor circuit malfuntion". Where would be a good starting point to find my problem. The book says theres a sensor above the harmonic balance but then states its on a diesel? Thanks, Lost and needing help

Reply to
olemantx

Just replace the output speed sensor. It's a common problem. Take ya 5 minutes. It's threaded into the side of the transmission, I believe on the driver's side. You'll need a 1" wrench.

Reply to
J Drum

I have the same code in my 98 dodge. Thank you for the information about finding the sensor. How do you reset the computer? I was reading in the Hayes repair manual that on 98 models and later that you can not disconect the battery terminal to reset the computer? Please advise.

Reply to
mickey_kcyzrap