Buying a Dodge Vehicle...

Hello all,

I am looking at purchasing a new Dodge Vehicle. A friend of mine says he can get me a "A Program" code to give to the dealer when I am purchasing the vehicle. He says this will get me a huge discount. Any idea what this is?

Also the dealers claim to show you "what they paid for the car", yet when visiting a different dealer they show a lower sale price, and claim they paid even less. I cannot believe that dealers are paying dodge different amounts for the same car.

I am looking at a 2007 Durango 4X4 or AWD limited with the Hemi and most of the options. What is this REALLY costing the dealer? I have seen prices from $38,000 to $42,000 at various dealers.

Thanks!

Reply to
Brohawk

BS. The dealer invoice price has 800 to 1200 dollars profit built into it. That knowledge will allow you to negotiate a fair price.

Larger volume dealers pay less than small dealers for the same car.

Look it up. online or buy the book.

JAM

Reply to
Bill Dunkinfield

No idea where you are, but if you're near St. Louis, I can get you to the best deals around. Guy named Dale Noaks. snipped-for-privacy@royalgatedodge.com

Al in Tucson

Reply to
Big Al

I know this will seem anti Dodge but all new Dodge 4x4's have no abilty to disconnect front axles in 2wd so front differentail and drive shaft is ALWAYS turning which adds to wear and slight loss of MPG too (especailly in cold weather) Dodge/Chysler is the only detriot maker that does this too to save a few bucks per vehicle. Even in the front IFS they used a differentail by AAM that was designed for the use in the rear of a small SUV and has no provisions to disconnect rather then chossing one of the several other diffs that AAM has on the shelve that do support disconnecting. ALso when they switched to the AAM axle in the front of HD pickups in 03, Dodge spec'ed it to have no disconnect and bastard bearing hubs that will not support the addition of lockout hubs without a expensive aftermarket kit (about 2 grand) to change it to what dodge could have done at time of design for about 100 bucks. So let the masses attack me on this but I am just telling you like it is and there is NO excause to make a 4x4 today with todays energy prices to not try to make it as fuel efficent as possible and always dragging the front diff and drive shaft even in

2wd is not a wise design to meet this goal and it will cost a lot of money in extra fuel over life of vehicle. (make no mistake there is a MPG penilty that will increase as tempature drops) The sad part is that Dodge could fix this easily but rather they do not and keep you in the dark about its design limitations and hope to woe you with whistles and bells and that you never look deeply under the hood. There is no plausable excause for this other than to save them some coin on the cost of building them at the consumers long term expense.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

But, you can engage four wheel drive at 100 MPH.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

Yea, because we all know how necessary that feature is.

Reply to
TBone

And this is just another example of why the American auto makers are in the toilet while Toyota and Honda are soaring to all time highs.

Reply to
TBone

Just curious, are you saying that if your doing 100MPH, and you notice your about to drive off the edge of the road and go flying into a large mud-pit, you can quickly shift into 4 wheel drive without stopping and enter the mud pit with all 4 wheels enganged, or are you saying you can pull over to the side of the road, engage 4 wheel drive, then take off at up to 100MPH? Not to mention, if your going to be constantly loosing gas mileage anyway, why not just leave the sucker in 4 wheel drive all the time?

Reply to
Fat Ass Fred

why not just leave the

one I'd bet your really not loosing that much, two if your doing 100 you don't NEED 4wd. but yes that's the general principle. in my Liberty its shift on the fly up to 50mph I think (don't quote me I didn't verify that number but I think its close) the problem with leaving a truck in 4wd on a hard surface is that most transfer cases don't have a diff action in them, meaning that when you turn the truck the rear axle takes a shorter track than the front. this causes a drive line wind up effect loading the transfer case. in the case of my liberty, I could leave it in 4wd if I wanted as it has a "full time" setting witch allows the transfer case to deal with the windup. but at the same time the owners manual specifically states not to use either of the "part time" settings (4Low or 4High) when on a hard surface, but instead to only use the Full time 4wd or 2wd settings (we just leave her in 2wd) when on a hard surface.

Reply to
Chris Thompson