98 dodge dakpta

was driving home started to pull into driveway and truck died.Everything died could not even turn on flashers. Any suggestions

Reply to
tophersmom

Alternator went out and the battery was dead since it wasn't charging, since there was no battery power left and no altenator the engine died..... Sounds like it to me at least....

Reply to
Fat Ass Fred

Check the battery cables for corrosion. Clean or replace the cables and clean the contacts on the battery.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

Check your battery connections and battery voltage while you are at it.

Reply to
TBone

Reply to
angelobruno

On my Dad's old Imperial (probably early seventies model) there was three or four wires coming off the positive side of the batery. One had a snap off "bullet" connector about three inches from the battery. When this connector got dirty, the entire land tank of a vehicle would totally die.

I suggest lift the hood, and look for connectors near the positive battery terminal. Separate them, clean em as best you can with sand screen, dose em with WD-40. Put em back together and see if your buggy restarts.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon