Edelbrock IAS Shocks

I haven't heard that before. I'd guess that it's Monroe doing the manufacturing.

Reply to
Nosey

Tenneco owns both Monroe and Rancho. They share technologies.

Reply to
miles

I didn't know that. I looked up the Rancho RSX and that one has a rubber boot that the Monroe/NAPA Reflex doesn't have. It may be the same inside.

I found this at shockwarehouse.com:

Monroe's New Reflex shocks and struts for cars and trucks. Featuring their new Impact Sensor, which acts like a switch between firm and soft compression damping. Under normal road conditions, Reflex shocks deliver better handling than O.E shocks. The Reflex design also has a soft, light valving for average daily use and driving.

Rancho RSX Shock and Struts RSX delivers ultimate control using impact sensing technology. Available for both light truck and SUV. It offers greater stability and control. Each part number is valved for the individual application. Rancho RSX units have: Patented reflex valve, Cellular gas design with VFC (Variable Force Control) for precise flow metering, and improved urethane bushings to offer twice the durability compared to rubber bushings, without sacrificing quality. (These units are similiar to Monroe's Reflex Shocks).

Reply to
Nosey

I got my Bilsteins for $75 each. Hunting around will most likely net you a better deal.

But after rading your comment I guess I wouild have to agree that if the there are some porr roads I've been on that cause problems.....mostly very porr conditions approaching stop lights where there are a ton of repetitive humps. Other than that though, I've been completely happy with my Bilsteins and have zero complaints. And they have outlasted the OEM units by more than I can even remember.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Edelbrock makes some real good engine components. They have stuck their name on somebody's shock. I have heard both good and bad about them, guess they are like anything else. I've used Monroe on my trucks and was real happy with them. I found the stock shock to be pretty much shot after a year. snow plowing does put a strain on shocks but the Monroes seem to hold up well after a few years use. They are decent for some off road use as well.

Tom L commented on the Bilsteins. I have a friend that has them on a truck and loves them, he's soo anal that if they didn't work they'd be gone. Bilsteins came as a factory shock on a few of the Corvettes I 've had, they certainly got the job done on that application.

Roy

Reply to
Roy