How can I adjust my Headlights

On of my headlights is projecting much higher than the other. How can I adjust the one down.

Thanks,

grumpy

Reply to
Grumpy

Usually that can be accomplished by turning the adjustment screw. Or maybe a big hammer. Or maybe set ole Roy on one side or the other. Or maybe what kind of vehical so we can get a little more specific.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You might want to check the manual for a hint.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Christ! I'm just back from the beach and here I am being attacked by ol wide ride. Will it ever end? Saw a 6 foot shark about 15' off the beach. Not huge but enough to do damage.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Ok guys...You'all got this mental pic of ole f***ss out laying on the beach????

and here I am being attacked by ol wide

It'd never get it's mouth open far enough....you're safe.

Denny

Reply to
Denny

While your at it, get that picture every day!! That's where I'll be until

18th of May.

Good one!

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Enjoy your vacation. I hope a mob of do-gooders don't try to push you back out to sea.

(Sorry, Roy) :-D

Reply to
Langerhans

Damn another jackal!! WTF is the Rabbit and friends doing? Ganging up?

I'm on good terms with Green Peace so I should be okay!!

Reply to
Roy

Gotta love it!!.....

Don't ya just hate it when the truth comes from all angles??

Bullshit!!

Denny

Reply to
Denny

You'll have to forgive the two old ladies here.... sometimes they forget the whole world's watching their private conversations :)

At any rate, there are adjusting screws for the headlight bucket - one will either be on top or bottom, and one will be on either the left or right side. They're usually Torx screws. If there's one on top, for example, tightening it will move the beam up - loosening it will move the beam down.

Park about 10 feet away from a decently reflective surface (a white garage door works fine), and with the headlights on, adjust the beam until it looks about even.

Reply to
Tom Lawrence

I like to go to a dark country lane type setting after that so I can check them in real conditions. What looks good on the garage door might be waaaaay off for driving. Particularly the right/left adjustment that will determine if they shine directly into oncoming driver's eyes. Remember to check BOTH high and low beams.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

I b'lieve this sums it up, "When your opponent is down... kick him." Bryan :-D

Reply to
Bryan

Your close. The rule is " Never let friendship stand in the way of a good cheap shot" The chubby, floppy eared guy really believes in this rule.

Roy

Reply to
Roy