Long time dodge owner finally gives up on em!!!

Been a dodge boy my whole life. the hemi is nice the truck rides smooth. but interiors in the 2006 dodge ram are shit. you have to upgrade to the expensive truck to get a decent seat (Leather) the mds works like shit and the gas mileage gain doesn't exist. I know because i had the non mds hemi then the 2006 junk. the mileage on the mds version was actually worse. went to dodge with it and they basically said sorry. If your interested the new dodge has a great fabric protection guarantee. oh yeah my other complaint when rain hit the seat it stained the fabric what a bunch of shit not to mention the seat cushion had to be replaced after 18 months and 13000 miles. barely used the truck and kept it nice but seat still fell apart. It killed me so i tried to trade up to the laramie but dodge didn't want give me shit for the shit they sold me. so guess what. Chevy did, gave me more for the dodge than dodge did and I got a lot more options in the Chevy . sorry to say I still love the look of the dodge but they have to stop screwing their customers with inferior interiors. Tom

Reply to
Tom D

It appears brand loyalty isn't what it used to be. Hopefully the auto makers will see this trend and give the consumers a better product. I have two Fords, a Dodge, a Chevy, and an Oldsmobile. They each have their own little problems but nothing significant enough to make me avoid ever buying another one. Enjoy your new Chevy.

Reply to
Nosey

you have a shitty attitude

Reply to
shitty

"Tom D" wrote in news:JJydnSAjiKKA4JDanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

The only time I had leather seats was on my 1978 Chrysler New Yorker and also on my 1983 Cadiallac Seville. My 1979 Dodge SnowCommander was so stark compared with today's vehicles. I guess it's time you move to a Chevy NG. buh-bye.

Reply to
TD

The dodge chargers are the same way, except its the dash... cheap dashes i think you can put a permanent scratch in them with your fingernail

Reply to
Picasso

I think it has to do with the declining number of men who are faithful to their wives.

I am a die hard ford man, and ended up in a chevrolet. i haven't completely severed my ties with ford yet. I think this was just a little "experimenting" :)

I will keep all my dodge opinions to myself.

Reply to
Picasso

I had a similar problem with Chev it was not the vehicle but it was the finance side of them got so ticked off I stormed out went across a street and bought a new 2006 Dodge Ram Laramie 2500 Diesel, Only thing I don't like about the Dodge I bought is the seat, the comfort of the Chevy seat is awesome, but I was hooked on the Cummins and the dodge truck once I drove it, the vehicle is awesome and now after a year and half with my Ram only issues I have had with it was a shake in the front end and it ended up being the drive shaft they replaced it at no cost.. Looking at buying a new Ram not am not sure on the new engine yet.. but still love my truck..

Reply to
Bill

"Tom D" wrote in news:JJydnSAjiKKA4JDanZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@comcast.com:

I feel your pain. I had a chevy sub diesel for 17 years and 185k miles that was still running great and getting 18mpg before I gave it to a friend and bought an 04 hemi ram quadcab. All that time and repairs consisted of 1 injector pump and a few sets of brakes.

My Ram? 38k miles right now. Both front door gaskets had to be replaced due to a design flaw that resulted in the door closing tearing them up. Paid to replace and fought Dodge for 3 months before they admitted it was a design flaw and reimbursed. hard not to since the rubbers were completely redesigned.

Then the heater refused to blow to the floor vents - it all went to the defroster vents. Diagnosis - defective HVAC switches. Cost to repair? $1600. Remove entire dash and complete HVAC unit to replace a $23.00 part. At 36,800 miles - just off warrantee. They refuse to reconsider a deal. Even half. Currently looking for a way to do it myself.

At 26k miles it needed new front brake pads. Absurd - I am very easy on brakes. All four shocks need replacement.

Investigated a new Ram. No dice. Like you - cannot get leather in except the Laramie, then I'd get a few graned worth of crap I neither want nor need. Glovebox light? Please. Can't get all chrome bumpers unless i upgrade to the Thunder Road - and again get crap I DON'T want. Same with chrome wheels - Thunder Road ot Laramie. can't get the fold flat rear floor in the SLT anymore either. And - it's now plastic - not steel.

Then they put that ass ugly "tailgate protector" bullshit on it. Not an option - you get it. So you can't put a hard tonneau on it like I now have unless you UNBOLT the friggin thing and get left with 4 damned holes in the tailgate. Consider making it an OPTION for those guys who use their trucks for work, maybe? Some genius in marketing says "no - you need it". I don't need it.

So what do you do - you try Chevy or Ford. Chevy updated their body so it looks passably nice compared to the last few years. However - no leather interior, and like Dodge all options are in "packages" most people don't want or need. Scratch Chevy.

How about Ford? Take a guess. No leather.

Bah. No wonder so many guys are buying jap trucks. Better made, no problems, good options. And no union goons screwing up vehicles because they didn't get that 20 dollar an hour raise for putting lugnuts on a vehicle. So you get missing parts, unfastened parts, SHIT parts ....

Reply to
Brewster