mpg on new cummins with 6 speed auto

what are you getting for mpg on the new big cummins with 6 speed automatic unloaded ? I have the 5.9 with 6 speed manual that i'm thinking of trading in

Reply to
Chad

The new 6.7L doesn't get as good of mpg as the 5.9L. However, it will run away from it when put to work. Mine gets about 14-15 city and 16-18 highway (75mph). Many have said it will hit 20+ highway if kept to

60mph or under. Towing 5,000 lbs mine averages about 12-14 highway.

I've talked to owners of new Fords and Chevy diesels and found similar results. The new emission controls have cut mpg down. But this 6.7L is a monster!! Power is unbelievable.

Reply to
Miles