Nate: Is the quality of replacement 'commercial' compressors as bad as..........

'remanned' or 'dealer new' compressors for cars and trucks ?

no matter what source I use............Napa, CarQuest, AutoZone, o-Reilly, Advance, even 'new dealer'..............about one out of three will leak at the shaft seal or be noisy

TranSurgeon

wow.....not even close. ive only ran into a couple bad new compressors in my entire career. most likely its due to how critical the systems are. if a car a/c compressor fails the driver has to roll the windows down. if the blast freezer compressor at a distribution center fails, you can loose millions of dollars in product.

Reply to
Nathan W. Collier

I think they see you coming and making sue they give you a bad compressor. One out of three is really bad for a new compressor. So what do you do keep taking them back tell you get a new one or fix the one that they give you. If you what you are saying is really true what is causing that number to be so high. Bad seals, bad shafts or just a bad install ? I tried rebuilding a compressor once and no matter what I did I could not get it to seal. Finally gave up and bought a new one.

Reply to
user

I have had good luck with advance auto and sometimes when they have been sitting on the shelve for a while the seals dry up a bit and can seep a bit. Usually though they will seal up fine after it is been lubed and run for a bit and the seals wetted and properly lubed.

Reply to
SnoMan

Used these guys never had a problem with over 15 orders.

Coasty

Reply to
Coasty