Plenum kit install...

Just completed the V8 Plenum Reinforcement Kit from Hughes.

First I must say that this has mad esuch a huge difference, I'm going to go out and shoot myself in the foot for not doing it sooner. I also installed the thermostat they offer at the same time. No more knocking and unless I'm imagining things, I'd swear I seem to have more power now. Starts easier, runs more smoothly...just a huge difference. I've heard rumors that my mileage will increase as well so I'm checking that and will you guys know if I actually see any difference after this tank. Got a few pointers as well but I'll wait til I verify any rumors on the increase in mileage before I go into that.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

Ok, the verdict is in....no increase in fuel economy was seen. One tip I recommend is to go ahead and have some replacement o-rings for the injectors in case any of them are dried out like mine were....one even broke when removed. Beyond that, I still feel as though there was a slight increase in performance and wish I had done this mod years ago.

2001 QC 2500 4x4
Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works

I have a 1999 318 / 5.2 L in a Ram Van 2500. I have been "dreading" applying the TSB for the manifold plenum, etc. (Original complaint is the knocking but I have not done the vacuum test to see if that's definitely it.)

I went to the 180 thermostat and premium gas and that has helped, but still uses a small bit of oil and "sometimes" knocking.

Would I order the "Magnum" kit that the link above refers to? If I do decide to "jump" into it. Thanks

Reply to
smartobject

I, like you, was dreading getting into it. However, after I completed the install and drove it the first time....I wish I had done it long ago and it wasn't a big deal at all to do the install.

Reply to
Carolina Watercraft Works