Problems with high miles on a Dodge Ram?

replying to kbegin3, DPP wrote: I bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie in 2003. It had 44,000 miles on it then. I still have that same truck, it has 218,000 miles on it, and I've towed a lightweight (3,300 lbs) travel trailer for about at least 100,000 miles over eight years. The only thing I've done is scheduled maintenance with a reliable repair facility every six months and kept up with scheduled oil changes, every 3,000 miles. Now, I must admit that sometimes I might pay $800.00 for some repairs, but most times, I pay under $100.00. I feel that paying a couple thousand dollars a year is better than paying a $750.00 per month car payment for a new truck. I will have to buy a new truck in the next couple of years, but this truck has been and continues to be a great one. I am also a hard driver, meaning that when I want to go, I hit the gas and get to the speed I want as fast as I can, staying within the legal speed limit. this truck has handled that with ease and keeps on giving.

Reply to
DPP
98 5.2 single cab Manuel transmission 280000 Runs and drives great doesn't burn oil doesn't leak any ..regular love put to it and these baby's will go don't let issues pass bye feel something hear something figure out before something else happens
Reply to
Hpd