Problems with high miles on a Dodge Ram?

replying to kbegin3, DPP wrote: I bought my 2001 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab Laramie in 2003. It had 44,000 miles on it then. I still have that same truck, it has 218,000 miles on it, and I've
towed a lightweight (3,300 lbs) travel trailer for about at least 100,000 miles over eight years. The only thing I've done is scheduled maintenance with a reliable repair facility every six months and kept up with scheduled oil changes, every 3,000 miles. Now, I must admit that sometimes I might pay $800.00 for some repairs, but most times, I pay under $100.00. I feel that paying a couple thousand dollars a year is better than paying a $750.00 per month car payment for a new truck. I will have to buy a new truck in the next couple of years, but this truck has been and continues to be a great one. I am also a hard driver, meaning that when I want to go, I hit the gas and get to the speed I want as fast as I can, staying within the legal speed limit. this truck has handled that with ease and keeps on giving.