Question - ISB Thermostats and Best Operating Temperature

Hi All

Curious to know if anyone in the group knows what the best operating temperture would be for the Gen 2 ISB 24 Valve?

Seems there are 3 thermostats available for this engine .. 160 degree ...

180 degree and 190 degree.

Can anyone in the group enlighten me please?

My 99 24Valve always seems to be running cool ... only gets the fan running on long hard pulls.

Best to all and best regards

Fred

Reply to
Fearless Fred

Maybe your stat is stuck, I had that happen on my 89 cummins. My 2000 ISB has OEM stat and stays in proper range.

Reply to
yorgor1