Welcome back to the US!

DaimlerChrysler announced this morning the sale of the Chrysler group to Cerberus Management, a privately held US company! While Daimler AG will retain a 19% holding in the company, Chrysler will once again be a US controlled company. Since Cerberus is a privately held firm, there will be an emphasis on a long-term growth strategy vs. a short-term profit strategy to satisfy shareholders. I for one am pleased to have Chrysler return to our shores. It remains now to be seen what the future will portend.

Mike

Reply to
Mike Simmons

Me too! Now maybe they will step it up a bit.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Don't be too sure this is good. Does anybody know who this outfit is? For all you know, they might want to part it out and leave the scene. Let's wait to hear what thier objectives are. Steve

Reply to
Steve Lusardi

You have a valid concern. Cerberus is in the process of purchasing the company I work for too. From what I have read, they have a mixed reputation. At times, they have purchased companies, stuck with them and have been wildly successful. There are other examples of Cerberus liquidating the newly acquired company.

Cerberus' decision depends on the *probability*, not possibility, of generating capital both short and long term.

As for the company I work for, well, probably liquidation. However, I believe Chrysler will survive and be successful under Cerberus.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Sounds a bit like Bain Capital. Romney made a ton of money when he ran it.

Reply to
Roy

Speaking of Romney, what is your impression of him? Since I live in the South, all I know of him is what I have read on CNN and the what he said at the GOP debate.

He speaks well. His being Mormon doesn't bother me anymore than any other religion. They're all equally hypocritical.

Personally, I've been a McCain fan since 2000. However, I'd have to say, I really liked what Duncan Hunter had to say. He shares my concern of American jobs being off-shored and unfair trade agreements with other countries.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

As a Gov he was a lot of flash and no substance imo. He surrounds himself with some very arrogant people. As a union person I don't believe he is any friend of those who get paid by the hour. He also tends to flip flop. Oh, that toothy smile, real phoney. Other's on the other hand, think he's just wonderful. Hell he's a pol, you know, tell them what they want to here.

McCain imo has become a failure.As a cv I thought at first he'd be pretty good, been there done that, but sadly that wasn't the case. He just can't get away from supporting this war and he knows better.

Reply to
Roy

Romney = ass McCain = hypocritical ass that will use his Purple Heart and Veteran status to get ANYTHING and EVERYTHING he can, but is one of the first to screw the Military and Veterans over.

Reply to
azwiley1

I knew you didn't like McCain. However on certain issues, like the environment and fiscal responsibility, he is pretty solid.

No comments about Duncan Hunter, good or bad?

Honestly, this race is shaping up to be another disappointment. I will probably, once again, go into the voting booth and vote for the guy I hate the least.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

No knowledge of Hunter, will have to see what he is about.

I agree with you, I will most likely be voting for a write in again. Who will it be this year, Mickey, Donald, Goofy? Maybe Minnie!

Reply to
azwiley1

I liked McCain over the decades but not more recently. His views have changed dramatically the past 5-8 years.

The idea of him using his Vet status is a ploy championed by Kerry. However, I think McCains military experience trumps Kerry's considerably. I don't care for either one of them myself!

Reply to
miles

I think we'll have too. Most of the current potential candidates are senate members. Only 2 seated senate members have been elected president in the past 100 years.

Reply to
miles

I disagree miles. It is not a ploy, I have watched over the years while I was in the Military, him say things about being for the Vets and such then turn around and vote against a bill etc that would be benificial to them.

Reply to
azwiley1

I've seen that much more often in the past several years than in the

80's and 90's. My point was that Kerry ran entirely on his military career and yet he has voted almost 100% against the military throughout his senate years.
Reply to
miles

Ah ok, I am following now. Thanks You know I have not wrote in Huey, Luey or Duey yet, so maybe one of them!

Reply to
azwiley1

So did Ross Perot.

Al

Reply to
Big Al

I agree. At least The Shrub can't run again.

Bob

Reply to
Bob M

I weren't an atheist, I'd say: "AMEN!"

:-) Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

Oops ... sorry. Let me correct my grammar before CumOverFish and his ass-master Berl see:

---AHEM---

Due to the fact that I am atheist, I am unable to say "AMEN!". Nonetheless, I am quite pleased that Mr. Bush will not be able to run for the office of President of the United States in 2008.

---AHEM---

I could use a spot of tea. All of this proper English has me quite parched.

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

LOL, care to describe exactly what this means and when he did it.

Reply to
TBone