OT<< Metal Detectors??>>

Since I'm walking 3-5 miles a day on the beach I though having one might make things more interesting.

Anybody have one or have experience with one? Not the bomb detectors.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Skippy:

Yes, I have one. Of course, use of the word "one" unless referring to a number is considered grammatically incorrect.

Reply to
Beryl

One what? A metal detector or a bomb detector?

Correct! Now you know why, Professor. It sucks to be beat at your own game, doesn't it?

Since you have no better grasp of the American English language than anyone else here, will you stop being an asshole?

Craig C.

Reply to
Craig C.

I just picked up my first detector a few weeks ago. I have plans to use it many times this summer. I chose a White's MTX after reading group input and reading an article in Gold Prospectors... Mar/Apr 2007. I went with the chest mounted control box (straps, not screws) and find the detector portion to be extremely light and well balanced. As I haven't as yet gone out to search for anything, the only thing I have found was a lighter pocket.

Good luck, have fun, stay healthy.

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

Boy they sure don't give them away.

Roy

Reply to
Roy

Crag:

I'm mocking you, idiot. It is NOT correct.

There are about three people here that seem to have a handle on English. None of them are you.

Reply to
Beryl

Hey crotch cannibal! Idiot is the name of your usual meal.

Reply to
Roy

Um, no, they don't. If you swing on by, I'll let you try mine out before you decide. Also, do some research into the laws of your area pertaining to "treasure hunting". Some places, if you are seen hunting the beach after a big storm (good day to search), the ranger will watch from a distance till he sees you pick something up and put it in your pocket. Something about all the lost doubloons belonging to the state as well as all other lost antiquities.

Good luck,

FMB (North Mexico)

Reply to
FMB

you are mocking your self sheryl.

nice of you to keep track sheryl. just keep it up and we will let you know when we want that information. we'll get back to you. yeah, you go girl.

Reply to
theguy

I have owned a White's since 1980. Found jars and jars of old coins, lots of new ones that I spent, old jewelry, artifacts, and lots of "stuff". Used them to find property survey markers, septic tank loops on the caps, lots of unusual things.

My new thing is going to be looking for meteorites.

Metal detectors come in many flavors. It is good to talk to someone knowledgeable before springing for that much cash (around $700 or more for a good one), because they all work a little different. Some are MADE for use at the beach and in the surf, that be the Pulse Induction variety. Others are meant to be used for gold seeking to be able to discriminate out the mineralized black sand. Others are meant to be general purpose. Some are great for coins.

Salt water will wreak havoc with most detectors. Both by corrosion, and by making the signal weird. You might want to analyze where you will be using it, and buy one for that environment. Or have two, one for the salt water, and one for the gold prospecting.

They are great, and the technology today is better than ever. Your main concern is buying one that is aimed at the purpose you are going to use it for.

Yer welcome.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Thaks. I'm leaning towards White's. They do make one for use on the beach. I believe I read that it was waterproof to 25', at $800 it should be.I gotta take FMB's advice and see what the deal is legally. The do things by county and as such differentt rules for the same activity. I'm about on the county line so 've have to contend with what might be a bunch of stuff..

Reply to
Roy