1978 Spider Speedometer Cable

I have a 1978 Spider that needs a speedometer cable. I am told that my cable was a limited production run. It seems that the typical cable length is about 65 inches, but mine measures 48 inches. It is a clip-on cable, not a screw-on.

So far I have not been able to locate a supplier that has a 48 inch clip-on cable. I therefore might need to use the 65 inch cable. Has anyone had to deal with this? How is the 65 inch cable routed? I can't just run it the same way as the old cable, it is 18 inches too long!

Any Spider 2000 owners, how is your speedo cable routed?

Thanks

Brian

Reply to
exar50