1992 toyota celica 2.2L, 5 speed, speedometer doesnt work

What could be the cause of this??Where would the fuse be located? If it is not the fuse, how could I correct this problem?

Reply to
shawn

That is about the time when speedometers were changing from mechanical speedometers to electronic speedometers, so I do not know which type you have. Does the odometer still work?

If it is a mechanical speedo, the problem could be with the speedometer drive gear in the transmission, a disconnected or broken speedometer cable, or with the speedometer head in the instrument cluster.

If it is an electronic speedo, the problem could be with the speed sensor in the transmission, the wiring between the speedometer and speedometer head, or the speedometer head. Check the gauge fuse in the kick panel under the instrument panel.

Reply to
Ray O