electric rear doors

is anyone else having problems with the electric rear doors on the C8/807/Ulysse ?

the offside (drivers side) door is becoming a real pain in the ass, it will shut-open-shut-open sometimes 5 or 6 times before it stays shut. This happens not matter which closure method I use (dash button, keyfob or by hand), problem is it's intermittent, although getting ore common, so if I take it to the dealer and it doesn't happen they probably won't fix it. I read on the net there was a recall because the doors were opening while the car is moving but nothing about the closing problem. ours is an early model (52 plate) if that makes a difference ?

thanks LJ

Reply to
in2minds

It could be a matter of adjustment of various limit switches or whatever or the contacts between the door and the pillar have got dirty and have been arcing. We had both these troubles on a fairly early car (03) but the dealer fixed the adjustment bit and replaced the contacts with new and modified ones, which seems to have cured the problem. Get it in quick while it is still under warranty.

Talking of warranty, how is your tyre wear? If you are on 15" wheels and your tyres are wearing the outside edges faster than you would reckon is normal (near side especially, both front and rear), get down to your dealer and moan about it. The fix involves 16" wheels, so get it done before you have to pay for it.

Ron Robinson

Reply to
R.N. Robinson

yes we have 15" wheels and yes the tyres are wearing on the outside, especially the front had a local tyre dealer check the tracking and it was toeing in by 2 degrees, he changed it to toe out slightly (roughly 1 degree) so I'm waiting to see what happens with these new tyres.

LJ

Reply to
in2minds

in2minds Your problem is likely to be the lock itself, if it is the same as on the

406, only solution is to replace. The contacts inside the lock are registering that the door is not shut properly the other possible fault with a Peugeot it the wiring so check the multi point plug in the door jamb is pushed properly home and the fixing nut secure.
Reply to
MICHAEL ROCHE