Engine dies after few minutes

Hi,

I have a problem with my Nissan Micra '95. Engine works perfectly (no stalls, powe cut-offs), until warmed. After it has reached optimal temperature (5-10 min.dashboard indicator) it suddenly goes down and I cannot start it again until chilled! I'm sure that it's not overheated and all the rest of equipment works fine (lights, radio, etc. no warnings on dashboard). Have changed ignition cables just in case, but it did'n help. Please help me out there, I got stuck in Sweden and don't know anyone here!!!

Regards

/Krystian

Reply to
Krystian Lelek

Krystian Lelek plaatste dit op het scherm :

Eh, perhaps you should ask in a nissan newsgroup, instead of a fiat newsgroup?

Reply to
Draak

You're perfectly right, but my news server doesn't maintain Nissan's group :((. Anyhow, I think it's not a Nissan-specific problem.

/KL

Reply to
Krystian Lelek

First you need to know if the plugs are firing, you can get a little neon indicator that goes between the lead and the plug, costs only a few cents/UKPDS/or around 2 Euros. Can be seen best if you test in the dark. If the plugs are firing (and not totally fouled with carbon) it may be fuel starvation. Remove fuel filler cap and see if it stays running/starts after stalling, it may be that you are pulling a vacuum in the tank. The 5-10 mins running might be coincidental, and represent how long it takes for the fuel flow to stop. Bits of debris can block things, and be released again when the engine stops, but your problem seems too reproducable. The electrics/neon test will show if your ignition system is dying as it heats up. Just some thoughts. I check fuel flow by adding a tube into a container after the fuel pump, if pump stops pumping, engine stops. Take care and do outside, fuel vapours are flammable.

Reply to
ato_zee