94 z28 engine missing at low rpm's

I have a 94 z28 which runs fine when it is cold and warming up. After I drive it about 1/2 and hour or so it starts to miss at 2000 rpms. If you depress the throttle at 2000 rpms 55 mph it jumps and misses. If you floor it it seems to run okay and take off.

The garage replaced the EGR valve and $220 later it does the exact same thing?

Anyone have the same problem or could give me a guess?

Thanks,

Val

Reply to
Valerie

Well for one thing I'd take it back to the shop and ask them to either correct the problem or give you a refund. What engine/trans? Does it only do it under load?

Reply to
FBR

It really does not seem to matter if it is loaded or not. It just jumped a lot going up a hill today. If you floor it it even misses at high rpms SOMETIMES.

I wonder if the rotor is bad?

Reply to
Valerie

Valerie

In a situation like that, there are many possibilities. It's only obvious a garage will work on the maybes, but meanwhile it's costing you money & not them. I have the same problem with my Corvette. I'm having it looked at from my GM mechanic beginning of next week. I'll post up the results.

Dan

Reply to
Black Bomb