Can't find 16 awg Fusible Link

I went to Advance Auto, Strauss Discount, and National Auto. All I found was some 14 awg FL's. Where the heck are the 16 awg FL's ? I need one to replace the one that blew out on my 88 GTA. Maybe the dealer ?

Thanks

Reply to
Lecher9000

Why dont you try buying just a section of the fuse wire that you need and make your own links by adding the proper terminals

Also if the fuse link that blew on your vehicle had only one fuse link wire and connected to two wires GM suggests that you repair with two seperate fuse links

Reply to
jones.family

Yes, I was able to get a few feet of 16 awg fusible link from the dealer. Interesting that GM suggests 2 different links. Seems like that would alter the protective characteristics of the circuits.

Reply to
Lecher9000

Have you tried the dealer for the correct fusable link? Seems the simplest to me would be to buy/order the correct replacement from the dealer instead of trying to after market route. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

You're misreading what his question was. He has the correct FL wire. He's asking about the guage of the standard wire the FL is attached to. Unless I'm confused as well at this point.

The Vampire, "Muffin Man"

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

My bad, looks like you are correct! Then just replace it with10 guage, if nothing else it is sure to be large enough! Greg

Reply to
Greg O

At the parts store they had a "waterproof" butt connector, which you are supposed to heat somehow, after installation, to melt it onto the wires. Would a cig lighter flame be appropriate for this ?

Reply to
Lecher9000

Sounds like heat shrink tubing. A lighter will do fine. don't keep the flame there too long though. You aren't actually supposed to melt it. When you apply heat the tubing will quickly shrink down tight around the connection. - Gary

Reply to
Gary - KQ6RT

Reply to
Scott